Bio-rad is seeking a Project Manager III (Diagnostics) to support its global organization. This position is in the Clinical Diagnostics group and is located in the Benicia, CA location. The Clinical Diagnostics Group develops, manufactures, sells, and supports a large portfolio of products for laboratory diagnostics.
Bio-Rad is a leading specialty diagnostics company and its products are recognized as the gold standard for diabetes monitoring and quality control (QC) systems. Bio-Rad's clinical diagnostics products incorporate a broad range of technologies used to detect, identify, and quantify substances in bodily fluids and tissues.
The results are used as aids to support medical diagnosis, detection, evaluation, and the monitoring and treatment of diseases and other medical conditions.
- This is an exciting position that leads cross-functional teams through complex projects!
- If you are a highly proactive person who’s passionate about science, new product development, continuous improvement and actively working with teams to achieve business goals, this role will be exciting to you!
- The primary responsibility of the project manager is to lead new product development projects from conception through commercialization phases.
- The successful candidate will be able to partner with their project teams to move products to market as quickly as possible while maintaining high standards of quality.
- A strong scientific back ground (preferably in diagnostics) and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are mandatory.
- 5-10% international and domestic travel will be required.
- Key responsibilities include:
- Creation, implementation and execution of project plans/timelines to achieve business goals.
- Creating and maintaining project records including project and design history files.
- Identifying potential project risk and guiding teams around potential obstacles.
- Managing critical path items and successfully removing team roadblocks.
- Leveraging well developed interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization.
- Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams.
- Ensuring appropriate project documentation is established to meet our QMS requirements.
- 5+ years as a project manager or as an active technical member of a project team; in a highly regulated industry such as clinical diagnostics or medical devices.
- BS degree in engineering, chemistry, biology or similar scientific field.
- Project Managementexperience in instrumentation, hardware and software is highly desirable.
- Must have a strong balance between science and business acumen with a deep desire to deliver business value to the organization.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively in leading project teams through obstacles and/or finding the best path forward.
- Excellent leadership, communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, analytical/problem solving skills, negotiation skills, cross-functional team leadership skills and goal setting skills required.
- Knowledge of FDA/QSR and ISO 13485.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and database).
- PMP certification a plus.
Requisition ID 2018-6060