Project Manager III directs all aspects of the project management process for small- to large-scale initiatives ranging from application/technology upgrades to multi-entity, multi-year application/technology selection, implementation, and/or optimization. This position may be assigned as a support event or response team coordinator, responsible for managing a major support activity from intake through reporting event outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this senior-level role, the Project Manager III will be responsible for mentoring new staff members as needed and may be called upon to provide coverage for Applications Team Leads or other Information
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control, and close all project initiatives as assigned according to PMI standards and published Deaconess PMO guidelines.
- Assure complete documentation packages such that all project objectives, labor requirements, assumptions, risks, milestones, and other required components are all fully-documented and clearly preserved for future PMO reference.
- Coordinate the development and presentation of all resource requests to obtain funding, staffing, or any required project components.
- Negotiate contracts for and manage consulting engagements as necessary for specific project initiatives and/or departmental support needs.
- Participate in and coordinate as necessary the negotiation and finalization of project-related application and/or technology purchase contracts.
- Coordinate execution of each approved project assignment, completing project tasks within the approved budget and according to the approved timeline.
- Direct/monitor work of project team members, including both internal and external resources as outlined within the Project Charter and external resource contractual obligations. Provide feedback regarding staff performance as requested.
- Communicate project status (budget, timeline, issues, etc.) in compliance with established PMO guidelines.
- Work closely with PMO Manager and Project Business Sponsor as appropriate to address any scope changes or other reportable events for each assigned project.
- Conduct analysis of project execution success according to established PMO guidelines.
- Bachelors’ Degree in CIS/CS, Healthcare Informatics, Health Information Management, or Equivalent Education preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant I.S. project management experience preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations and respond to questions from managers, customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret charts and graphs.