Job Profile Summary
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to agreed-upon scope, timelines and budgets. This individual also tracks to closure critical tasks to ensure the project stays on schedule. Furthermore, the PM will be involved with identifying and implementing Agile process workflow improvements in order to ensure that the application development teams are delivering system changes accurately and efficiently. This will involve working directly with business and technical staff, on a regular basis, to monitor and modify existing practices to identify and incorporate project processes with input from the project team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- PM will help guide the backlog of work to be completed on a large State legacy system.
- Planning and implementation of an upgrade of the system and will serve in an advisory and supportive role to OIT and management.
- The PM works collaboratively with OIT and management to advise and determine the best project path forward.
- The PM will coach the OIT team regarding priorities and project planning using Agile principles. The PM will work collaboratively to assess results and assist in planning.
- Track activities and advise management regarding planning vs. actual results.
- Prepare reports for review on a regular basis.
- Oversee UAT and Data Migration efforts as they pertain to Application Development Team and as directed by project stakeholders and assist the IT PM with managing communications and reporting
- Help facilitate the Agile process workflow improvement efforts in addition to facilitating and maintaining the day-to-day Agile process for the Application Development Team
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Agile experience
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor