Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Residing within Enterprise Applications, Delivery Shared Services is responsible for the delivery and support of technology solutions for enterprise business functions including Finance, Humans Resource, AML and Compliance
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Plan, manage and deliver distinct projects through all specific phases, in alignment with business and/or enterprise strategies. Provide leadership, direction and coaching to teams(s) while partnering with business and executive stakeholders within a single or across multiple Lines of Business (LoB).Establishes effective project oversight and other governance bodies, and engages the correct levels to support the direction for the project
- Provides on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the Project Sponsor, Business Project Owner, Program Manager and Portfolio Manager to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status in a timely manner
- Leads the project team, stakeholders and key project deliverables
- Delivers and owns project outcomes that are aligned to established cost, timing, deliverable and scope objectives
- Proactively identifies and tracks project risk and develops mitigation plans to manage risk (i.e., risk related to technology, change management, procurement, business process management, requirements management)
- Creates detailed project status reports and presents key highlights and related implications for business partners & leaders
- Accountable for the project management process and project management deliverables, for assigned projects
- Abides by enterprise project methodology and recognized project management processes’, ensuring discipline and controls are consistently applied to all projects
- Generates cost estimates and provides general financial management, incorporating risk, by leveraging appropriate tools, templates, established estimating models, best practices, stakeholders and processes for assigned project
- Accurately forecasts and manages assigned budget and provides financialreporting for projects, in alignment with Finance standards
- Indirectly manages a cross LoB Project team consisting of Business Analysts, Requirements SMEs, Business SMEs and Technology Resources where applicable to the project
- Engages appropriate stakeholders to identify and manage required outcomes of projects for the business
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- 7+ years experience in Project Management techniques applicable to software development including estimation, resource planning, work breakdown structures, scheduling, risk and issue management. PMI certification would be an asset.Experience in working with project sponsors, technology stakeholders at all levels, up to and including mid-level executive.
- Deep understanding of one or more software development methodologies including Agile
- Solid understanding of diverse technologies, including legacy mainframe systems and distributed systems, with the ability to understand and acquire new technical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written skills
- Experience in managing application delivery projects in a strong matrix organization, demonstrating ability to work with others, many of whom may be remote most, or all of the time.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with peers, internal and external customers and IT partners
- Demonstrated leadership, people management, coaching and team building skills with a superior ability to achieve successful results through the use of negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to remain resilient under high pressure projects or regulatory demands.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment, multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of TD Technology and Infrastructure processes.
- Experience with vendor management
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.