Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We are a close-knit project management team working solely with managed IT projects. Our team enjoys managing numerous, quick moving, technical projects with customers of whom we’ve built positive relationships with over the years.
What you will be doing
The Project Manager II – Technical position is an advanced position in which you will be expected to manage multiple technical projects varying in nature from WAN refreshes to application installs. You will be working with several stakeholders from our financial instructions as well as an amazing engineering team staffed here at FIS. Each project you manage you will be expected to adhere to budgets and timelines while manging each step of the project from proposal creation to project close out.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Interacts with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification may be required.
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Ability to be self-motivated and drive projects to completion with the team
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team member.
Added bonus if you have:
- MS Project knowledge
- Previous Manged IT background
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
Job ID #: JR65219