- Financial Management: Function as project controller. Manage project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and actuals tracking. Facilitate RFP and contract management processes. Review actuals versus planned budget throughout project life cycle to identify variances and recommend corrective action. Ensure timely project closure, payment and reconciliation.
- Project Planning: Lead requirements gathering and planning process for approved projects while engaging all key stakeholders. Develop solution design that defines the entire project scope, and secure all required internal/external approvals. Ensure coordination with other initiatives, assuring dependencies are identified and addressed. Define deliverables and required delivery dates; develop viable work plans/WBS, milestone schedules, and project cost/benefit estimates.
- Project Management: Independently manage detailed project plans to approved scope and provide cross-functional tracking as needed. Identify plan gaps and develop closure plans. Ensure the successful completion of assigned project deliverables & milestones in a dynamic/complex environment.
- Resource Management: Manage resources, both internal and external. Manage assigned contracts and associated payments and performance requirements. Develop and adapt a comprehensive resource plan for a matrixed team of diverse talent to maximize skills and minimize cost. Provide mentoring and guidance to less experienced project team members.
- Scope & Risk Management: Manage scope change request process for project. Identify risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle and create mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Relationship Management: Communicate project status to all levels of the organization. Establish effective, collaborative working relationships to maximize project efficiency, responsiveness and resource allocation.
- Minimum 8 years work experience in operations, technology, finance, or comparable function; utility experience preferred.
- BS Engineering, Construction, Business, Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience in project management and process improvement; some formal project management training preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others, informal leadership experience and training skills preferred.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; excellent written/verbal communications skills required.
- Understanding of core business processes/ industry trends with ability to interpret/apply ongoing changes .
- Knowledge of project planning and business need justification process and methodology.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and work within a diverse, cross-functional team environment.
- Vendor/contract management experience preferred.
- Engineering Degree strongly preferred.
- 4 years experience in renewable generation, including 2 years of wind, solar and storage project development experience strongly preferred.
- Experience managing multi-disciplined construction projects at least $5M in aggregate value strongly preferred.