THIS JOB IS UNDER REVIEW BY TOTAL COMPENSATION AND AS A RESULT THE FLSA STATUS MAY CHANGE. Leads and provides expert technical leadership to highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects. Responsible for setting strategic direction of projects and developing project plans. Provides high quality and cost effective project management, analytic support services and technical expertise for a broad array of issues. This is the second job in a three level Project Manager Ladder. At the second level, the Project Manager is responsible for leading projects of complex scope where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Projects assigned are broad in scope and may involve multiple functional areas and/or span across service areas. Position will exercise judgment within generally defined practices/policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results.
- Leads and provides expert technical leadership to highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects.
- Sets strategic direction of projects.
- Develops project plans which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics and resources required.
- Designs processes to address identified problems.
- Establishes team membership and negotiates time commitments and resource allocation.
- Provides staff leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants.
- Motivates team members and facilitates team meetings.
- Acts as liaison, problem solver, and facilitator.
- Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors.
- Provides guidance to team on performance and productivity issues.
- Designs research plans for data gathering and analysis.
- Actively participates or may lead in analyzing data and developing recommendations and action plans.
- Accountable for the development of project documentation for senior executives and other key clients to facilitate sharing of project outcomes and best practices.
- Plans and facilitates meetings.
- Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences.
- Establishes procedures regarding implementation of project outcome.
- Assesses project impact on workforce.
- May include developing training program for different levels of audiences.
- Establishes effective professional business relationships with all levels of management.
- Instructs and educates on all aspects of project.
- May develop and manage a department, including recruiting, coaching, performance evaluation of staff.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to re-evaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in specified technical area OR one (1) year of progressive experience in specified technical area and completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, or other related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Effective leadership, project management, and consulting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Project management experience in health care preferred.
- Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Clinical licenses (RN, MD, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Pharmacy Licensed Technician experience preferred
- EPIC & Willow Inventory experience preferred
This position is part of the national site-support team for the MOBI (Medical Office Building Inventory) Project. This project will implement Epic-s Willow Inventory module across the enterprise to establish a perpetual inventory system for outpatient clinics. Our team is a national team that will be deployed to support users at the go-live stage.
During Operations Readiness & Go-Live Support stages:
- May have interaction with clinical staff to track readiness progress, identify and resolve user issues and system problems to ensure effective implementation and utilization of system.
- Communicates all unusual/significant system issues, themes, or staff concerns, to supervisor and/or support team in a clear and timely manner.
- Provide remote and on-site support or tutorial to end users in pre Go-Live and post Go-Live stages.
- Assist routing of complex requests to team members as needed post Go-Live.
- Prepares screen shots and/or clear explanations of problem(s), and escalates sends to software vendor via help ticket system as needed.
- Duration of position until approximately December 2020.
- No severance pay for position.
- Physical working location will be at Independence Park.
$140K - $160K
$130K - $150K