Project Manager II - Internal Medicine / Int Med
Less than 5 years experience • Healthcare IT
Will plan, develop, and implement research projects within Interventional Cardiology Research. Responsible for the successful and timely completion of required tasks. Set priorities, manage progress reports and quality control monitoring. Direct data collection, procedures, and documents required for projects. Represent project(s) as study liaison/representative. Other duties as required for industry and the WFBH research mission.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master's degree in a relevant discipline such as psychology, nursing, or basic science and two years of relevant administrative and medical experience in research projects or other health-related activities. OR,
2. Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as psychology, nursing, or basic science and four years of relevant administrative and medical experience in research projects or other health-related activities; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of scientific principles.
4. One year of experience in a supervisory capacity.
Three years of clinical/research experience; experience at WFBH a plus.
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under administrative review, perform management level work directed toward the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of a multi-center study or multiple large studies. This classification requires the use of judgment and discretion in performing the assigned duties and responsibilities related to the project. These actions tend to establish precedents and direction for the project(s).
1. Responsible for coordinating the activities of a multi-center study or multiple large studies; oversee the operational activities at the clinical site(s).
2. Collaborate with principal investigator(s) in developing plans for research projects and to discuss the interpretation of results. Negotiate protocol changes with funding agency/sponsor.
3. Assume major responsibility for the successful and timely completion of the tasks that comprise the implementation and analysis phases of a multi-center study or multiple studies to include but not limited to planning, development, implementation, and evaluation.
4. Coordinate the hiring of and provide direction to support staff; plan and coordinate training sessions for project personnel located at the different clinical sites.
5. Translate planning and design decisions into concrete activities and tasks to be undertaken for project implementation, and set priorities for project implementation.
6. Evaluate and interpret collected clinical data. Manage the preparation of progress reports and quality control monitoring; participate in the analysis of study data and the writing of scientific papers for publication.
7. Develop data collection forms, procedural manuals, and other documents required for project implementation and evaluation.
8. Direct the development of computerized methods for monitoring and reporting on the study.
9. Ensure that all aspects of the study are conducted in accordance to the study protocol and contract; ensure that all legal aspects adhere to state and federal regulations and guidelines.
10. Ensure that all requirements of the Medical School and the University are complied with, relative to the conduct of the study; ensure that all technical requirements of the funding agency are met, including auditing requirements.
11. Conduct site visits to evaluate staff and study activities. Coordinate sponsor audits.
12. Represent the project to all related community agencies and organizations, serving as the study's liaison, spokesperson, and representative.
13. Conduct meetings and visits with potential study sponsors to promote WFUHS as a study site.
14. Oversee recruitment, data collection, and follow-up activities.
15. Attend and participate in national and local meetings related to the planning, operation, and evaluation of the study.
16. Assist industry representatives (pharmaceutical, device, etc) in planning and implementing future studies due to extensive knowledge in the specific field of research.
17. Responsible for developing and monitoring the study budget(s); compile and prepare financial progress reports. Track payments by sponsors, assuring correct amount received for each participant and testing.
18. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to project staff.
Job ID: 24163