The Project Manager II is responsible for leading multiple concurrent projects to completion and follows project management methodology to initiate, plan, execute, control and close out projects. Project responsibilities include reviewing project requirement, design documents, business validation and post-launch support. Plan, coordinate, implement, and finalize projects according to the specifications and deadlines while keeping the project within budget. Manage projects from the planning stage through implementation, testing, reporting and project closure.
Position’s Customer(s): All of GCI’s internal and external customers and business units.
Essential Duties of All Levels in the Position:
- · Oversee and manage a disciplined team within the business unit/groups
- · Define project scopes, manage, and participate in procurement of materials
- · Develop and maintain project budgets and schedules.
- · Manage Contracts and outside consultants and contractors
- · Maintain and ensure complete documentation of projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- · Leadership – ability to lead, manage, and inspire a team and set the vision effectively.
- · Negotiation – ability to seek and resolve conflicts for win-win scenarios
- · Scheduling – manage project scheduling
- · Cost Control – critical, to ensure project delivery is within cost constraints and managing project finances intelligently.
- · Demonstrated Risk, Contract, Quality, and Task Management
- · Critical Thinking
- · Communication and Meetings Management –
- · Project Recovery
- · Coaching
- · Business Case Writing
This Project Manager position will focus on Network Services.
Scope of Position: Manage a wide variety of Engineering projects related to GCI’s telephony and Internet networks. Projects may involve all engineering disciplines include electronics equipment installations, remote shelter installations, facility construction, antenna installations, and air handling equipment installs.
Qualifications: Experience to include project management, developing project budgets and schedules is required; experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred. Logistical and procurement experience is highly desirable. A combination of relevant exempt experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
Additional Job Requirements: This is a mid-level position requiring the ability to work independently while performing moderately complex and diverse duties under deadlines and operating constraints. Must be capable of performing the role of “Project Manager for smaller, less complex projects. Must have a comprehensive understanding of company operations, functions, and business philosophy. Requires ability to make and implement routine operational decisions
Essential Duties for this position:
- · Manage personnel resources within all internal engineering groups, consultants and contractors.
- · Develop and maintain project budgets; project schedules to include traditional Gantt and PET charts, etc. In addition, ensure project documentation is current and complete.
- · Support and define project scopes with internal and external customers and oversee and participate in procurement of materials
- · Minimum of three years’ experience to include project management, developing project budgets and schedules is required; experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred.
- · Logistical and procurement experience is highly desirable.
- · High school diploma or equivalent required.
- · Bachelor Degree in Business, Accounting, and Economics, Industrial Management/Engineering or related field is required.
- · Or a combination of relevant exempt experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
- · Certifications: Project Manager II Level: Project Management Professional (PMP) highly valued