Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our Corporate Headquarters in Waukesha, WI, is seeking a Project Manager II to join our growing Remote Monitoring team.
The Project Manager II is responsible for planning and executing all sizes of product development activities including software development product introductions, new product introductions, cost reduction, and lifecycle product support. The position requires excellent software development, technical, and cross-functional product development knowledge, proficiency in quality systems, functional and program management experience and business planning expertise. The position requires superior leadership and people skills. This position works closely with the Connectivity application development team, Product Management, Engineering, and other functional leaders in the company (service, manufacturing operations, supply chain, marketing, quality, IT, finance) and is responsible for providing leadership and management support for projects supporting Generac's Connectivity applications and product development needs.
This leadership role is responsible for devising and effectively implementing product & software development project plans which ensure superior software applications and products for our Customers, while also fostering and rewarding innovation and creativity within project management and all involved departments.
- Defines and Directs the work of cross-functional project teams. Coaches and enables team to succeed at project execution. Sets clear expectations to inspire and engage the team. Works with functional management to provides input for performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback and supporting progressive improvement guidance when necessary.
- Enable and drive world class excellence within project management and product development teams. Define and produce results that are specifically targeted for one or multiple business groups' product development goals. Lead projects in collaboration with engineering and product management for new product development via Agile under waterfall methodology. Insure product development methodology utilized by the connectivity team remains complementary to the Generac Development Process (GDP).
- Effectively manage the development process (e.g. develop schedule/cycle time reduction techniques, process standards for improved predictability and speed, manage process globally/across multiple projects/ locations, meet project and product cost goals). Leverage the Generac Development Process (GDP) regular project status reports outs, Milestones, and Design Reviews as key drivers of product development progression.
- May act as Agile scrummaster to drive software sprints and stories.
- Develop and lead a Risk and Mitigation plan for projects. Define and lead contingency option assessment when needed, then select and execute recovery plans.
- Lead decisions specific to any of the projects such as make vs. buy (globally), shipping and logistics cost, bidding process, optimizing as-delivered cost of components and whole installed products.
- Insure that connectivity development projects deliver to target releasedates, specifications, project cost, and product cost for Generac and product life cycle cost for Customers.
- Collaborate with software development, engineering, IT, sales, operations, finance, and other departments to implement new product development concepts, technologies, techniques, standards and procedures.
- Provide project management leadership oversight for new product development projects including: creating and maintaining development schedules, executing product development plans (product cost, resources to complete project, quality targets, product specification adherence, development and execution of product verification test plans, product introduction, etc.), interfacing with cross-functional company personnel.
- Ensure optimal application of project resources to meet each product development plan.
- Work with developers and stakeholders to improve and refine existing product development processes within both the Agile and waterfall environments.
- Develop and lead the product & software application development life cycle which includes interaction from the various business segments throughout design, manufacturability, introduction and serviceability, providing our customers the very best in innovation, quality, value and customer satisfaction.
- Identify, evaluate and document "lessons-learned" during the project and communicate best practices and lessons learned to project team members to implement into future projects via the GDP Post-Launch phase processes.
- Create and maintain an organizational culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement/commitment and a sense of urgency toward goals, and continuous improvement.
- Support development of project management talent throughout the company, recommend training and growth plans for employees.
- Act as a Project Management process development and training leader for specific cross-functional area(s) as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Chemical or Software), Engineering Technology/Management, Computer Science or other directly engineering-related area).
- 5 years of progressive work experience in product design/development focused in engineering, brand or product management of equipment, machinery or other powered products.
- 3 years of project experience in manufacturing of equipment, machinery or other powered products.
- 5 years of experience with both Agile and Waterfall project management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing and quality of outcomes.
- Team building and leadership skills in working with others who are not direct reports.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 4 years of experience and leadership using enterprise level business systems for product design, manufacture and sales / distribution.
- Solid understanding of engineering technical issues/needs, manufacturing, supply chain, service, customer service, financial, sales, and marketing as related to product design and development.
- Familiarity with Jira.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.