Project Manager II
Less than 5 years experience •
The IT Project Manager (PM) is responsible for facilitating delivery of projects, serving as a focal point of coordination, communication and delivery. PM will promote Project Management practices, tools and discipline, ensuring that projects are executed with clear plans, schedules and status tracking protocols. The PM works across geographies and organizational units, leading virtual teams with focus on communication and team work.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains a detailed project schedules and calendars for the IT-Business Intelligence group including resource allocations, resource availability, and project priorities in conjunction with each segments manager or supervisor.
- Occasional participation in IT solution meetings
- Coordinate meetings (including travel arrangements from time-to-time).
- Serve as the contact point for groups external to Business Intelligence providing project status
- Represent the BI group in meetings gathering information, responding to inquiries, or providing status (non-technical)
- Prepare and/or edit meeting minutes and presentations.
- Work with delivery leaders to ensure adherence to schedules, deadlines, and deliverables
- Maintain project portals and lists
- Responsible to track project changes and produces plan as agreed with BI and otherinternal IT groups
- Compile and deliver summary documents, e.g. Product Development Plan, Project progress, etc
- Work with delivery leaders to monitor project progress and risk
- Coordinate with internal IT teams as well as external stakeholders and teams
- Assist delivery leaders in setting tangible and realistic goals
- Develop and maintain an great relationship with internal/external business partners to ensure that the project results are understood by the users, business partners and others interested in the project.
- Assist Senior Vice President in strategic analysis and planning
- A IT-Project Manager reports to Manager, Director, VP, or SVP- IT
- This position has no direct reports
- BS /BA Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years front-line project leadership experience, with Claims system, Business Intelligence, or IT-PM experience strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, as evidenced by ability to understand and document workflows and concisely represent complex subject matter in understandable form
- Ability to work independently, plan, and prioritize workload
- Strong problem solving skills
- Great at multi-tasking
- A successful communicator: in-person, on-phone, with-video, and on-paper [written-word] including ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Able to adapt to a new work environment quickly
- Enjoy working around diverse people
- Capable of managing multiple efforts at one time
- Good at motivating employees to meet deadlines
- Able to effectively negotiate and manage expectations
- Unafraid of a dynamic and exciting landscape growing rapidly
- Strong customer service orientation, with emphasis on delivering results
- Proven experience, leading projects with emphasis on facilitation, communication and delivery