Key customer interface for early stage manufacturing that will strive to achieve high customer satisfaction, profitable business relationships and sales growth with new and existing customers. Provides strong team leadership to ensure internal and external customers’ needs are met. Acts as primary customer contact for development projects with responsibility for leading the project team and development activities to meet the design requirements, program budget and exceed customer expectations. May manage multiple, simultaneous programs and customers. May assist with sales and marketing activities. May lead design and transition activities across multiple Corporate sites.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Assist in managing and leading customer team activities as primary day-to-day customer contact.
- Support new product manufacturing activity including planning, cost, pricing and prototype assembly activity.
- Work with customer(s), materials, and operations to manage build and delivery schedule.
- Support quality, test, Engineering Change Order (ECO), materials and depot repair activity.
- Recover costs for ECO activity, Non-Recurring Expenses (NRE) and miscellaneous expenses.
- Help resolve excess/obsolete inventory issues.
- Assist in preparation to negotiate, manage and updatecontracts.
- Communicate effectively with customer(s) and within factory.
- Lead, or assist in leading, business review meetings with BEI and customer.
- Seek additional sales opportunities within customer(s).
- Generate proposed Statement of Work, including project schedule, deliverables, dependencies and resources, soliciting input from others as necessary.
- Prepare competitive, profitable bids or proposals; Communicate them effectively to the customer with assistance as required.
- Analyze and manage program financial performance to meet company objectives.
- Keep project management tools updated on a weekly basis to aide in planning of company resources and to predict financial performance.
- Identify the need for quotations supporting new business opportunities and scope changes, as required.
- Work to develop some knowledge of the customer’s product, utilization, strategies and requirements to support launch activity and business development.
- Develop an understanding of Design for Excellence (DFX) philosophy; Promote with customers and internal customer team.
- Interface with customer and supplier engineering groups, as required, to convey technical data and to address technical problems.
- Lead or participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format.
- All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
- Microelectronics experiencedesired.
- Manage and lead customers’ teams activities as primary day-to-day customer contact.
- Manage multiple team tasks, to include but not limited to, continuous improvement programs, business analysis, quoting and pricing, contract reviews, change management, on-time delivery, inventory and forecasting.
- Support management team, as needed, with building customers’ relationships and business development, with forecasting and pricing strategies, with ensuring profitability and with meeting business unit objectives.
- Provide centralized management over all business and technical aspects of a customer’ accounts.
- Manage customers’ concerns, corrective actions, and lead issues to completion.
- Provide customers with written corrective action to escalated issues.
- Work with Materials/Procurement to establish internal goals for annual inventory turns and report actual turns regularly.
- Lead end of life program management to meet BEI and customer goals pertaining to product availability and component material planning, including working with engineering to determine alternate component solutions.
- Assist other team members, as needed, to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- May be involved in global activities with direction.
- Effectively interact and coordinate program deliverables with internal new products and manufacturing organizations.
- Develop knowledge of the customer’s product, utilization, strategies and requirements to support launch activity and business development.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous programs and customers. Individual must be a forward thinker that is constantly analyzing potential risks to address in advance when possible with electronics manufacturing experience.
8+ years project management experience; Medical device development, test or automation experience is a plus.
4 yearEngineering or Technical Degree (EE or ME) preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management.
Job ID(Requisition ID): 3019