Description: The PM II manages projects that have some complexity and assures compliance with protocol, budget and timelines. These projects may employ various data collection and study methods, may involve more than one study site, and may involve federal grants or contracts. The PM II is a high functioning member of the project team and may mentor or train other team members. Leads the project team and oversees the daily operational activities of the project including managing participant recruitment/enrollment and data collection in addition to monitoring the progress and completion of delegated tasks. Is accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with Kaiser Permanente's Principles of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. Responds appropriately, including required reporting, to observed fraud or abuse.
- Coordinates, facilitates, plans, and implements research projects within the KP system. Maintains the financial health of the IHR through day-to-day management of project budgets. Collaborates with other study centers if needed. Effectively communicates with KP managers, staff, team members and others to gain support for project activities.
- Consults with investigator(s) on research study issues such as protocol clarification, budget variances, noncompliance of procedures by study staff, study timelines, etc. Works with and obtains the cooperation of others in the IHR or other KP departments to achieve the objectives of a research project. Provides timely feedback to investigators regarding problems that require his/her attention.
- Acts as a functional lead for the project team as well as interacting with others as a team member. Responsible for and oversees adequate training of new project staff. Monitors work quality and work performance of project staff. Gives appropriate and clearly defined assignments and provides precise instructions, resources, and authority to project team members to accomplish assigned tasks. Creates task schedules and deadlines needed to meet the project timelines.
- Develops study materials such as data collection forms, surveys, and consent forms. Responsible for and oversees the design and implementation of appropriate tracking systems to assure study timeline and goals are met. Accountable for reporting compliance issues to the study investigator, lead project manager, IRB compliance administrator, and/or other regulatory agent.
- Participates in preparing key sections of publishable manuscripts, presentations, and proposals, as needed.
- Implements procedures that honor/respect the research design as well as develop and implement procedures to meet demands of project(s). Identifies problems and assists in finding remedies for deviations from project timelines, protocol interpretation, budget, and procedure compliance.
- Responsible for monitoring accurate data collection and data quality audits, participant tracking, and other aspects of the project to assure its timeliness and accuracy. Maintains reports for sponsors, IHR, and compliance agencies. Adheres to federal and local regulations governing research. Adheres to KP policies and procedures.
- Minimum four (4) years of related experience in the conduct of social, behavioral, medical, or health services research.
- Master's degree in public health, epidemiology, health education, health policy, social science, or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions with focus on high impact options
- Demonstrated confidence to undertake additional responsibilities and responds appropriately to problems as they arise; minimizes problems by being proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to find creative approaches to problem-solving.
- Has working knowledge of medical and health care issues sufficient to communicate effectively and to collaborate with senior managers and/or principal investigators.
- Has knowledge of health-related research from proposal submission through data collection. Has thorough knowledge of the administrative support role which includes the recording and modifications to the project plan, documentation of project meetings, and the implementation and tracking of quality assurance plans, and comprehensive system software applications (e.g., MS Word for preparing manuals of procedures and project documentation, PowerPoint for preparing project presentations, MS Access/iRIS for tracking project events).
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to function as the lead resource for project needs.
- Experience with facilitation of focus groups, motivational interviewing or health education classes preferred.
- Ability to multitask, plan, organize and prioritize projects. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently.
Job Number: 662788