This Project Manager will provide leadership across the entire product life-cycle for new and existing products on a global scale. Projects or programs may include Regulatory (USDA, EU Directives, etc), Technical or Manufacturing as part of the scope. You will manage project milestones, track project scheduling, resources and be accountable for successful project delivery. New and on-going program management and administration will include identifying and planning workflow process improvements, preparing cost and other analysis, ensuring adequate resource allocation, and budget management.
This is a high-visibility opportunity for a strong project manager who is looking to make an impact on a global scale across all IDEXX’s product portfolio!
What will you do?
- Manage entire project lifecycle from sizing and scoping project to implementation, closure and handoff to support, and ensuring ongoing project/program success and customer satisfaction. Help the business modify the project/program when necessary. May be responsible for the strategic implementation of the project/program working with senior business leaders to ensure the vision supports business needs.
- Interact with external consultants or various Regulatory bodies
- Manage new and on-going internal programs.
- Builds project plans, including necessary deliverables and schedules. Ensures project plans meet strategic objectives of the business. Ensures project plan compliance and that documentation meets regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate project scoping, ensuring that issues are raised, necessary input is obtained and project work is outlined. Obtains scope approvals as required. Manages and obtains approval for any scope changes after initial approval.
- Coordinate with various business areas to staff projects based on project requirements. Ensures project teams have necessary skills and experience to complete projects successfully.
- Manage project/program stakeholders, including core team, steering committees, vendors and others as applicable. Coordinates activities and ensures effective communication within project team. Leads meetings and participant communications to drive decisions and action items. Provides for effective escalation and resolution of issues and concerns.
- Manage project/program budgets, ensuring expenses stay within guidelines. Justifies and obtains approvals for any changes to budgets.
- Provide regular reports and status updates to management, stakeholders and others. Highlights successes, concerns, milestones, resolved issues and other important information. Document process standards as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Ideally 4+ years of strong project/program management skills with knowledge in use of portfolio and project management tools. Global experience highly preferred.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead and motivate others to apply problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with ability to establish and maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- General business understanding, including planning activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to present and explain information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all Employee levels.
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis and problem resolution preferred.