At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
This Project Manager position requires project management support of both client and cloud network environments. As a member of this team, the Project Manager will support our projects and customers.
Examples of support tasks are listed below:
- Utilize PM profession skills to enhance the level of service and quality of client deliverables.
- Exhibit strong project leadership in a shared services resource environment.
- Ability to collect technical inputs and create solutions to meet client requirements and timelines.
- Communicate complex IT issues to the Global Account team and end client in terms they can understand.
- Manage migration of components into the cloud environment.
- Assistance in security deployment and management.
- Alignment and demonstrated ability to manage multiple offerings and environments across a wide variety of customers with differing requirements.
- Allocate resources appropriately to meet client/program needs and minimize resource contention.
- Coordinate stakeholder meetings to ensure all parties understand the deliveries and milestones and the re-sources that are assigned.
- Facilitate with excellent verbal and written communications.
- Manage onboarding and training of new staff and ensure compliance and reporting requirements are met.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Project Management Professional certification.
- Agile experience.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing technology requirements.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills.
- Able to navigate fast-paced and rapidly evolving environments.
- 5+ years IT operations and engineering experience.
- 2+ years cloud network and security technologies experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Security (Security + or above plus other Network Certifications).
- ITIL certification.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
- Country: US
- State: TEXAS
- City: DALLAS
- Category: Project Management
- Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Company: (0147) International Business Machines Corporation
- Req ID: 321175BR
- Location: DALLAS, TX US