Merrick & Company is seeking a Project Manager / Civil Engineer III with experience in design and construction oversight of water and wastewater infrastructure to join our Water Group in Charlotte, NC office. Project Engineering and management of municipal water and wastewater treatment, conveyance and the successful candidate must have a strong desire to learn and be mentored by a senior level water industry leader; a leader who has the proven knowledge and track record of success. This mentorship will involve learning how to build lasting client relationships, how to win work and be successful in this industry, both tactically and strategically, how to deliver successful projects and how to be a leader in this business both within Merrick and within the industry at large. The opportunity presented with this position is unique to the Charlotte region. It's a chance to grow with and be involved from the outset in establishing a sustainable and successful water business in the Charlotte region, and beyond.
- Project Engineering and management of municipal water and wastewater treatment, conveyance and planning projects.
- Interact with clients and outside consultants.
- Help develop proposals.
- Assist in sales and marketing.
- Have a thorough understanding of the technical aspects of the project.
- The Water/Wastewater Project Engineer/Manager has a project role and this includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Develop master plans, facility plans and sewer system evaluations (assessments).
- Enhancing client relationships.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Identify skill needs, assist knowledge development, and require staff to contribute to and share knowledge via knowledge management system.
- Understand client needs and resolve any issues of project scope and Consultancy Agreement with the client.
- Perform various field work including inspections
- Establish project delivery strategy and develop job plan, QA plan, securing resources, establishing work briefs and budgets.
- Invite client feedback as appropriate to verify client needs are being met.
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience.
- Familiarity with wastewater or water infrastructure (pipeline and pump stations) as well as treatment plant design and construction is required
- A Master's Degree preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineering required
- Prior consulting experience working with municipal clients on wastewater treatment and infrastructure projects.
- Experience with computer aided drafting (CAD), water and sewer hydraulic modeling, storm water management, and state and local permitting a plus.
- Experience working directly with local/regional clients is a plus.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Some travel may be required
- P.E. (Professional Engineer) State of North Carolina
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites require ability to climb ladders, inspect without entering manholes and vaults and be physically mobile in and around water and wastewater facilities, as well as being able to open gates, doors, vaults and manhole lids.