Technical and Project Leadership:
- Provide technical and team leadership to one or more project teams, including planning, scheduling, and technical support within the project area.
Project Planning and Scheduling:
- Responsible for project planning and scheduling, clarifying and defining scope of work, utilizing deliverable milestone methods and critical path scheduling, conducting resource planning and allocation, and developing task and project estimates.
- Generates a project plan that meets business objectives and is in compliance with the design control process, while maximizing resource efficiency.
Project Execution and Control:
- Responsible for conducting regular project team status meetings and reviews.
- Ensures deliverables are completed and documented.
- Identifies the need for and implements changes to the project plan that are within approved project boundaries.
Problem Solving Leadership:
- Responsible for coordination of project resources to identify the root cause of project issues, and develop and manage a plan to fix, test, and implement an appropriate solution through completion.
- Responsible for ensuring project risks, both technical risks and management risks, are identified and appropriate risk mitigation plans are included within the project plan.
- Regularly assess and report the status of overall project risk.
- Creates and maintains file to current phase ensuring accuracy.
- Responsible for project communication to both the project team and executive management.
- Able to resolve project team conflict through the application of good listening skills and negotiating skills.
- Able to remove oneself from the problem.
- Fosters creative, professional climate that will maximize the contributions of the technical staff.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate oversight and control of vendors providing development, test or technical services that support the project.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- BS in a technical or management discipline and at least 5 years of experience or an MS/MBA with at least 4 years of experience.
- At least 2 years of product development experience.
- Experience in design and development of medical instrumentation desirable.