This position is responsible for managing the business development function and the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction mining services projects up to $15 million in size.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Continuously builds an intimate insight and knowledge of mining customers, their business, what is necessary for the customer to be successful, and the value that our current and future products deliver to the customer.
- Assist with creation, management and execution of the business development mining strategy for the Region.
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financialforecasting to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
- Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to establish budget.
- Lead estimating efforts integrated projects to ensure accurate and consistent bid to build process.
- Coordinate efforts with estimators and superintendent to manage resources to meet project schedule.
- Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work withestimating team to develop bid schedule.
- Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and Construction Manager to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
- Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and schedule.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, corporate management, inspectors, etc., providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with client base.
- Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for continuous improvement in performance.
- Run projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
Education • BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction. Work Experience • Three (3) to five (5) years progressive project experience in heavy civil environments.• Minimum of five (5) years experience in paving, dirt, and grading in either private or public environments.