The position is responsible to oversee the total asset management of multiple Highway Maintenance Projects within a certain geographic area. These projects combined have revenues totaling 6+ million dollars.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the Management and Operations of Complex Highway Maintenance Contracts with various Departments ofTransportation.
- Develop and periodically revise a multi-year work plan for the maintenance and operations of highways within the projects limits to specifications under the contract.
- Manage all employees including Area Managers, technicians, specialty work crews, administrative staff and other staff.
- Monitor all Project overheads to insure proper utilization of resources and proper expense management by Area Managers and otherresponsible staff.
- Monitor contract to insure proper expense management and maximization of operating profits are being accomplished.
- Make sure utilization of current equipment inventory is effective, and that the inventory is of sufficient quantity to handle contract needs.
- Put together long-term personnel and equipment scheduling to determine overall project needs.
- Insure all staff are abiding by all federal, state and local laws within the scope of their contracts.
- Monitor fleet of vehicles and equipment to insure worthiness, thus not jeopardizing DBIS LLC employee
- Work with office manager by lending direction with regard to:
- Location overhead (office) payrollbudgeting
- Location overhead (office) staffing needs
- Information processing systems
- Location overhead (office) major expenditures
- Office image and cleanliness
- Insure a solid recruiting and hiring game-plan and that this game-plan is executed on a timely basis.
- Work with corporate Human Resources Director to develop recruiting and hiring game-plan, as well as the execution of this plan.
- Perform annual evaluations on all responsible employees
- Work in conjunction with corporate department heads, DBIS Management and managers to coordinate training efforts annually for existing employees, new employees and division and branch-specific training needs.
- Work with managers and DBIS Management in providing direction for the development of the projects overhead budgets
- Revenue between 1 and 3 Million
- All other duties as assigned
- 10+ years' experience in a public roads environment
- College degree is strongly preferred with a preference for a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering (or comparable)
- P.E. License preferred
- Additional industry-related training/certification is desirable
- Highway maintenance experience is preferred