Purpose of the Project Manager I Position: The Project Manager is responsible for leading multiple concurrent projects to completion and follows project management methodology to initiate, plan, execute, control and close out projects. Project responsibilities include reviewing project requirement, design documents, business validation and post-launch support. Plan, coordinate, implement, and finalize projects according to the specifications and deadlines while keeping the project within budget. Manage projects from the planning stage through implementation, testing, reporting and project closure.
Essential Duties of All Levels in the Position:
- Oversee and manage a disciplined team within the business unit/groups
- Define project scopes, manage, and participate in procurement of materials
- Develop and maintain project budgets and schedules.
- Manage Contracts and outside consultants and contractors
- Maintain and ensure complete documentation of projects.
- With guidance, manage personnel resources within all internal engineering groups, consultants and contractors.
- Participate in developing and maintaining project budgets; project schedules to include traditional Gantt and PET charts, etc.
- In addition, ensure project documentation is current and complete.
- Support and define project scopes with internal and external customers and oversee and participate in procurement of materials
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership – ability to lead, manage, and inspire a team and set the vision effectively.
- Negotiation – ability to seek and resolve conflicts for win-win scenarios
- Scheduling – manage project scheduling
- Cost Control – critical, to ensure project delivery is within cost constraints and managing project finances intelligently.
- Demonstrated Risk, Contract, Quality, and Task Management
- Critical Thinking
- Communication and Meetings Management –
- Project Recovery
- Business Case Writing
- Minimum of one year experience in relevant field; to include project management, developing project budgets and schedules; experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred.
- Logistical and procurement experience is highly desirable.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor Degree in Business, Accounting, Industrial Management/Engineering or related field is required.
Or a combination of relevant exempt experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) highly valued