We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Project Manager located in Port Neches, TX. In this role, you will be the primary point of responsibility, authority and accountability for large capital investment projects ranging from $500,000 to $50,000,000. You will be the project team leader of diverse groups for all projects assigned throughout the entire project life cycle and will be accountable for communicating project status to the project stakeholders. You will be responsible for the overall project execution and ensuring success of the projects with regard to cost management, resource availability, completion time as well as specific functionality targets.
What will be expected from you?
- Actively manage the execution of assigned capital and expense projects through the site project execution process. Ensuring engineering and construction resources coincide adequately within each project’s capital and schedule parameters.
- Provides oversight and development of new project ideas with the Front End Loading Engineering Manager to meet the needs of the site project execution process.
- Participates in and conducts scope and project reviews as they relate to assigned projects. Reviews and develops project justifications. Develops project overview presentations for site and senior leadership.
- Provides technical solutions to plant problems within the framework of his/her technical background.
- Responsible for implementation of project workflow utilizing both internal and external resources to allow efficient execution of all project work assigned, inclusive of both capital and expense work.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects as necessary to meet expected deliverables.
- Accountable for meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure project execution effectiveness: Safety / Schedule / Cost / Operational Performance.
- Ensure safety and environmental compliance of the overall project design.
- Accountable for coordinating Process Safety Management reviews and all documentation updates required for assigned projects.
- Accountable for providing consistent project updates through effective communication with site and corporate personnel.
- Accountable for overall project scope of work and cost development, engineering design, drafting, construction, commissioning including documentation and training.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals.
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- BS Degree in Mech, Elect, Civil, Chem Eng AND minimum of 10 years Engineering experience in a petrochemical or refining facility required
- CAPM desired, PMP or PgMP preferred.
- Prior experience in front-end design and detail design project functions desired.
- Prefer candidates trained in a staged gate process.
- Proficient with scheduling software such as Primavera P6
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent writing/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical thinker with conceptual understanding and ability of applying experiences and knowledge to identify best solutions.
- Able to solve complex problems and identifying the appropriate resources.
- Able to build relationships and lead teams from across all organizational lines.
- Knowledge in sound engineering principles, practices and methods, environmental regulations, engineering project management methods, workplace safety, budgeting, employee supervision and personnel management.