SUMMARY OF TASKS:
Reporting to the Director of IT PMO, the HCM Project Manager will be working in a dynamic and high pace environment, helping implement parts of a large scale HR Roadmap. The HCM Project Manager is accountable for leading a team of resources in the project management process and deliverables on assigned projects, and has overall responsibility for the successful completion of projects. He/she must be versatile, being assigned to one or more projects, in Saputo's portfolio of projects. He/She determines the project approach, work breakdown structure, staffing, Deliverables, and schedule and is responsible for creating the project work plan and maintaining control of the project scope, estimates, schedule, costs and external dependencies. The HCM Project Manager will provide the Saputo IT Leadership Team with weekly progress reports including risks, issues, decisions as well as recommendations for adjustments as necessary. He/she ensures the timely communication of relevant project information to all affected team members , including changes to the plans, team structure, commitments, and project dependencies. The HCM Project Manager has strong leadership skills and provides guidance and support to optimize the performance of a diverse team, leads through influence indirect reports, and ensures that the project team follows all quality assurance processes, including periodic reviews and transitions.
The HCM Project Manager manages internal and external relationships and coordinates work between different teams at different locations. He/She manages third party relationships and monitors their progress and adherence to the contract.
The HCM Project Manager has a well-rounded Project Management knowledge base and the ability to quickly pickup and deliver projects across various applications and platforms.
The HCM Project Manager has experience in core HCM Business processes and solutions, ranging from Payroll to Compensation Management and Time and Attendance.
The HCM Project Manager will also coach and support other IT resources assuming Project Lead roles, contribute to the development of PMO Processes, Tools and Methodology.
• Work Planning and Deliverable Management: The project manager will adapt the PMO Work Planning processes and tools to the projects at hand and will maintain work plans, continuously monitoring actuals, and resolving/addressing cost and schedule variances. The project manager will leverage the Deliverable Management process and tool to track the timely completion of all project Deliverables to the baselines;
• Scope Management: The project manager will operationalize the pre-defined PMO Scope Management Process to control the project scope and requirements. The Project Manager will present scope changes meeting the pre-defined threshold to the Saputo IT leadership Committee for approval;
• Performance and Reporting Management: The project manager will leverage the pre-defined PMO processes, tools, and techniques to ensure timely and appropriate generation, and distribution of project progress and status information to project stakeholders;
• Resource Management: The project manager will be responsible for managing the resources of the project, including the capacity, defining the roles and responsibilities, creating a staffing plan, obtaining appropriate skilled resources and managing shared capacity;
• Issue/Risk Management/Quality: The project manager will enforce the timely capture of project risks and issues by all team members, and will track, manage, resolve or escalate project problems that impact the project's ability to meet the IT commitments as they pertain to schedule, resources, costs, quality;
• The project manager will work with the IT PMO team to define and manage the required quality gates to perform quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control activities. The project manager will be responsible for getting the Deliverable signoffs from the various stakeholders and ensuring that all expectations are met;
• Contribute to the improvement of the PMO Tools and Processes, coach and support IT resources in the development of their project management skills;
• Support the evaluation of new business requirements;
• Support the IT Director HR with HR Solution Evaluations.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience;
• Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum (i.e. PMP Certified- PMI, Prince II);
• Bilingual is a nice to have;
• Highly motivated individual seeking a career in a challenging, fast paced environment;
• 8-10 years of total IT project delivery experience, of which 3-5 years includes the implementation of HR-related processes or solutions;
• Outgoing and resourceful; determined to meet goals and work with people in other departments and geographies, remotely;
• Highly detailed and deadline oriented. Ability to perform under pressure leveraging good time management skills;
• Ability to multi task and manage competing priorities;
• Good organization, communication and coordination skills; Must be able to develop close and strong relationship with divisional training coordinators to be efficient;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Access and Excel, primarily) and SharePoint.
• Exposure to HCM packagedIT solutions such as Workday, Kronos, SAP HCM, SucessFactors, etc.
Position ID: J0218-0313