Project Manager - Hospitality Group
5 - 7 years experience • Construction
At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients’ specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients’ best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable constructionexperiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable constructionexperiences are based on one principle—it’s the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best.
Shawmut is looking for Project Managers to join our Hospitality Group. Project Managers have project ownership from start to finish, and because they own the project, they are responsible for the outcome. We provide our Project Managers with specialized training and development tools that allow them to be the best at running projects, collaborating with clients and developing professionally. We seek Project Managers that stand above and beyond their peers and can appreciate the exquisite quality of the process and the great end product.
- Ensuring a schedule is in place during project set up and sub-bidding that reflects the project strategy and is sufficient for estimating and subcontractor purchasing selection.
- Developing a purchasing schedule and strategy to anticipate, address and resolve purchasing challenges during the early stages of pre-construction.
- Executing each project phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout and post-construction services.
- Collaborating with Estimating and Purchasing in set up of projects to insure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subcontractors for the job.
- Working in partnership with the Project Superintendent to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule.
- Thorough completion of all financial data with an eye to quickly identify potential/existing issues that could lead to subpar financial performance.
- Effectively administering the requisitioning and collections process to ensure timely payments.
- Establishing annual performance goals for assigned staff and conducting timely and meaningful verbal and written performance evaluations.
- Maintaining and developing relationships to reinforce a commitment to world class customer service across the board: including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community.
- Promoting positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors and continually instilling this philosophy in the project team at all times.
- Communicating effectively with field team members as well as keep them active in decision-making.
- 5+ years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contractor
- Experience managing projects in the restaurant, gaming, hotel, spa and healthclub, or sports venue area a plus.
- Experience in managing projects in a rapidly growing organization is critical
- Proven experience managing others is highly desirable
- Flexibility to travel is required
- Excellent communication skills