Provides project management, communications, and programmatic support for the Home Alone Alliance (HAA) within the AARP Public Policy Institute. Assures alignment of strategic and programmatic plans with established and projected annual budgets. Supports the work of the HAA leadership team and internal/external partners through coordination, planning and implementation skills. Ensures day to day responsibility for making progress on achieving project deliverables. Applicant must have demonstrated superior organizational, project management, communication and writing skills.
- Provides day-to-day project management, communications and programmatic support for the Home Alone Alliance.
- Develops innovative and efficient processes to ensure that projects are within the necessary scope, delivered on-time and within the appropriate budgetary allotments.
- Develops and coordinates multi-faceted work plans to support special projects and initiatives.
- Manages multiple projects to advance the goals and priorities of HAA, including performing project and program analysis.
- Executes financial tasks, such as contracting, invoice processing, expense reimbursement and grants reporting.
- Supports Senior Vice President of the Public Policy Institute and other senior Home Alone Alliance staff with special projects as assigned.
- Staff Home Alone Alliance meetings, including transcribing the meeting and ensuring thorough follow-up.
- Develops and maintains relationships with functional areas throughout AARP (i.e. communications staff, government affairs, AARP Foundation), external partners and key stakeholders.
- Communicates with Home Alone Alliance members, providing updates to Alliance activities and seeking input when deemed appropriate.
- Works with external partners and related contacts, including but not limited to, arranging follow-up conference calls, web conferences, meetings and events.
- Serves as a central point of contact for project communication, data collection and reporting as needed.
- Monitors and tracks time-sensitive projects and events to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels and across multiple departments.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Social Media and project management tools.