Michael Baker is actively seeking a Transportation Project Manager join our San Antonio, TX Transportation Team.
- Demonstrate expertise with Departments of Transportation and public works infrastructure projects.
- Provide engineering design and oversight in the successful delivery of transportation projects throughout Texas, leading and mentoring project teams in all aspects of design and plan preparation for roadway, highway, and freeway projects for TXDOT, Municipal, County, Toll, and Transit agencies.
- Lead plan production for conventional design-bid-build and design-build highway projects
- Review the work of other professionals – this includes QA/QC, mentoring, training and growing staff in the performance of job duties.
- Have a broad understanding of all elements of the design of highway transportation facilities, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics, structures and traffic related items.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, or able to obtain within 6 months
- 6-12 years of experience on Transportation projects
- Experience with Departments of Transportation on roadway schematic or PS&E projects; preferred
- Strong technical background in Transportation Engineering – Planning, Design and PS&E.
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Ability to lead efforts in a client facing and interdisciplinary capacity in addition to mentoring junior engineers
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work as a "hands on" leader as well as the ability to manage at a high-level.