Project Manager - Higher Education McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is the oldest privately held national construction company in the country. We are a 100% employee-owned top 10 ENR company with the goal of being the best builder in America. Unlike many firms of our size, we are true builders; a fact which our clients appreciate since they continually come to us with their most complex building challenges. We provide general contracting, construction management, design-build and self-perform service nationwide. The firm has full-service offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Las Vegas, St. Louis, San Diego, Newport Beach, San Francisco and Sacramento and has built in nearly every state with projects ranging in size from $1 million to $1 billion.
The Project Manager is the primary leader in the field, and is directly accountable for the safety, financial performance, and team development on site. The Project Manager will lead the project team in the construction of the entire Project. This position is responsible to provide effective leadership to the project staff and ensure quality and timely completion of the project. Extensive experience in successful completion of higher educational projects and managing university relations is required.
- Participate with Project Director and Estimating in development of a Project Chart of Accounts
- Develop detailed Project Contract status report
- Coordinate with Project Superintendent in development of a project site logistics plan
- Maintain thorough understanding of the McCarthy/Owner contract
- Oversee the pay request process
- Monitor project costs and Job Cost Report
- Analyze and forecast quarterly Total Cost Projection reports
- Implement and monitor training of all staff personnel
- Monitor project labor
- Review and approve material, forming system and equipment needs
- Assist Estimating in bidding projects
- Implement applicable safety, EEO and Affirmative Action programs
- Lead the project’s quality process
- Develop, schedule and lead project close-out processes
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, subcontractors and owners to represent McCarthy core values
- Implement all applicable Safety Programs and EEO/Affirmative Action Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
- 7+ Years of Experience in highly complex and related educational projects (K-12 and Higher Educational)
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work
- Experience leading successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities