Heery International is a full-service architecture, interior design, engineering, construction management and program management firm. We bring an extraordinary depth of talent, creativity and technical skills to facility and infrastructure projects.
We are seeking a Project Manager for a justice project in Savannah, GA. This project will specifically be focused on the construction, new and renovations, of courthouses.
The Project Manager coordinates all predesign, design, procurement, preconstruction, construction, and close-out activities throughout the duration of the project and is the main point of contact between Heery, the Client, the Architect, the Contractor, and other Consultants. The Project Manager is responsible for total management of the project, including the complete financial management of projects and the achievement of a profitable outcome. The successful applicant will have a proven track record as a Project Manager dealing with new, ground up construction as well as additions and interior renovations.
- Partnering with estimating department throughout bidding process and handoff of awarded projects
- Review contractor proposals for completeness, revise as necessary and negotiation best possible contract with contractors
- Set up project through proper accounting procedures
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with the client, based on a commitment to industry leading customer service that results in complete customer satisfaction and future project opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule consistent with contractual requirements. Creating and maintaining a schedule pace that will ensure timely completion.
- Maintain project budgets
- Conduct meetings with appropriate parties
- Conduct periodic job meetings during construction with appropriate parties
- Partner with the Owner, Architect, and Contractor, and assist with job specific procedures and adjust progress as necessary to insure timely completion of project
- Partner with Owner, Architect, and Contractor to ensure job specific safety requirements are established and complied with by all project participants.
- Degree in Construction Management and a minimum of 5 years project management experience.
- MUST have experience managing justice or courthouse projects.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in field operations and construction means and methods, including scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, production of all phases and project closeout.
- Estimating – can participate in developing bid strategy. Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, specifications and other documents as well as develop bid packages, negotiate, and award contracts.
- Staff – Ability to perform under pressure, evaluate situations and make timely, accurate decisions. Full understanding and ability to interact with all departments to ensure each member of the team has all of the information required to perform their specific responsibilities effectively. This includes assisting in the establishment of goals and priorities for the team that hold the entire team accountable. Work with others as a team player and coaches staff members aiding in their career development. Maintains a competitive advantage by staying current with industry standards
Heery International offers a competitive salary and full benefits package, and there is continual growth and opportunity within. All offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment substance abuse screening.
Heery International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.