Position Title Project Manager - Heavy Highway Construction - NY #3840
Location Wilton New York
Company is searching for a dedicated project manager who is willing to commit their service towards creating an efficient and innovative environment in a fast growing dynamic industry.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Follow and reinforce company safety policies.
* Primary communicator with project owners and/or engineers.
* Attend pre-bid meetings with the owner, vendors and subcontractors.
* Develop a complete and accurate bid proposal including; quantity take-off; crew composition; material and subcontractor pricing.
* Compare bid pricing to historical data.
* Develop budgets and negotiate subcontractor agreements and purchase orders.
* Outline and communicate specifications for superintendents and foremen.
* Procure materials and major equipment.
* Negotiate, secure and manage subcontracts.
* Maintain DWMBE goals and EEO utilization awareness.
* Prepare and maintain the project progress and budget.
* Develop and maintain project schedule.
* Be dedicated to safety and maintaining a healthy work environment.
* Be able to work independently and as a team.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* A Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or in Construction Management.
* 3 to 5 years' experience in construction project management.
* A record of successfully estimating and managing heavy/highway construction between $50K to $10M.
* Have a working knowledge of means and methods, crew composition and production rates for heavy/highway construction.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and CPM scheduling software with the ability to adapt to a variety of computer applications.
* Cost accounting experiencepreferred.
* The ability to work with a team to complete projects with in stated deadlines.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or in Construction Management.
2. 3+ years of experience in construction project management.
3. A record of successfully estimating and managing heavy highway construction between $50K to $10M.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and CPM scheduling software.