Project Manager - Heavy Civil
The Project Manager- Civil will assist the project team in ensuring timely and successful completion of a large transportation projects located in throughout the state of Texas and primarily in the cities of Dallas, Houston and Austin, Texas. They Project Manager with assist in coordinating with the rest of the project staff and providing leadership. The Project Manager will work with the Project Superintendent, analyze and monitor job costs, implement all applicable safety programs, oversee the quality program, and manage preparation and execution of project closeout process.
- Establish the Project Chart of Accounts
- Assist Project team in the development and updating of the CPM Construction Schedule
- Assist in the development of the Subcontracts and Purchase Orders
- Coordinate, implement and monitor Project Engineer training and development
- Provide support for the Project Superintendent
- Provide leadership to the Project Staff and the Project
- Analyze and monitor job costs and maintain accurate reports
- Manage and be responsible for processing and tracking the monthly Owner Payment Application
- Track, review, and process Change Proposal Requests, Change Orders and, if applicable, claims
- Analyze and complete the Quarterly Profit Projection Reports.
- Assist team in preparing the quantity reports and analyzing the labor costs.
- Implement all applicable safety programs, EEO programs and Affirmative Action Program on the Project
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining, and leading the on-site Total Quality Management process
- Manage the preparation and execution of the Project closeout process
- 10+ years of experience in transportation/ heavy civil projects
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering or Construction Management required
- Large Heavy Civil/Transportation design build construction background preferable
- General knowledge of construction principles/processes required
- Experience with self-perform work preferred
- Proven commitment to Safety and building relationships with the Owner
- Experience managing Field Staff