- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project
- Oversee supervision of total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.)
- Supervise Field Supervisors and/or other contractors as required by the contract
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders
- Assume responsibility for productivity, quality, and safety, efficient use of resources, materials, and equipment, and contractual performance of the project
- Four year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience..
- Minimum of 2 years of heavy civil/infrastructure/transportation related construction project management in the field. Minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, means and methods); supervision, estimating, schedules, budget, and safety required
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential
- Requires significant independent judgment
- Some travelrequired