DESCRIPTIONESAC, Inc., a global provider of data management, informatics research and healthcare IT solutions to government, academic and research institutions is looking for a Project Manager with experience in Healthcare IT project management. This position plays a critical role in supporting ESAC clients at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and its various divisions. The Project Manager will collaborate with multi-functional teams working on various projects at HHS. This position is based primarily at our Rockville, MD office and is based in Rockville.
- Serve as Project Manager for ESAC projects with HHS client in a project manager role, including project responsibility from inception to delivery.
- Establish collaborative relationships with research and policy institutions, healthcare providers and all other stakeholders.
- Develop schedules and cost projections for project activities and deliverables. Produce a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) when appropriate.
- Manage project, develop and direct technical and non-technical project team through all phases and activities of the project life-cycle process associated with major health IT technology and policy project that are essential to the HHS mission.
- Manage and work with the team in the analysis, formulation, development, and delivery of engagement material and results. Plan, develop and maintain engagement and project plans, and work with a multi-disciplinary, geographically dispersed team.
- Ensure budget, schedule, and performance requirements are met.
POSITION REQUIREMENTSMinimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in a technical field, Healthcare Policy or Public Health with at least 5 years of professional experience; PMP certification is preferred
- Understanding of existing healthcare IT technologies and challenges.
- Excellent analytical skills, highly detailed oriented with the ability to research and analyze various issues.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral – across all levels including executive management.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and balance priorities and schedules.
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams concurrently, handle changing priorities and exceed client expectations.
- Must have a collaborative attitude with the ability to develop excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of international healthcare IT standards such as HL7 FHIR; and experience with health-related standard vocabularies is highly desirable
- Familiarity with quality processes such as CMMIDEV/3 and ISO:9001/2015, ITIL and Lean management is preferred
- Competitive Base and Incentive Compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance/ Employee Assistance Program
- Life, Short-term, and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Employee Savings Plan with company match immediately vested
- Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement and Training/Certification
- SmartBenefits for Public Transportation
- Other great benefits such as on-site gym, credit union membership, and employee discounts