- Work closely with other project managers in managing and scheduling projects with a budget of up to $50 million.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of the necessary contracts. Understand completely the contract requirements, inform the project team of those requirements and insure they are met. Make modifications to the contract when necessary.
- Develop the work plan and insure the efficient performance of the work by the project team. Apply the discipline and control needed to obtain optimum performance.
- Coordination of the entire planning team (architects, engineers, consultants, interiors, specifications, etc.).
- Develop and maintain the schedule of the work. Insure schedules are met.
- Look after the business functions of the project such as billing (get billings out correctly and quickly), collections (take actions if payment is overdue) and additional services (identify such services, get approvals and bill promptly).
- Ensure that the profit goals of the work are met.
- Ensure that the project performs according to standards and that the design and technical quality of the project meets the company's standards.
- Apply the FreemanWhite standard procedures and details.
- Keep information flowing to corporate management, business office and to marketing. Provide adequate documentation to support all business and legal needs.
- May also perform client management duties and project Architect/engineer duties but project management will be the primary duty.
- A construction project manager may be assigned for a project or the initial project manager may continue to manage the project through the construction phase.
- Directly supervises 2 or more employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include: planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be able to travel.
Education/Experience Professional degree from an accredited school of architecture.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc.
- Registered architect.
- Minimum of 8years’ experience following registration.
- Working knowledge of CAD.
- Working knowledge of word processing, scheduling and spreadsheet software thorough knowledge of project administration, bid and construction administration. Strong knowledge of contracts. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and in a timely manner with clients, consultants, and internal team.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.