Clune has an immediate opportunity for a talented addition to join our Chicago healthcare team. We are searching for a Project Managerresponsible for managing assigned construction projects from beginning to end including, but not limited to, establishing project budgets, preparing lump sum bids, attending client meetings and closing out projects within an approved project budget.
- Minimum of 5 years of construction project management experience, with 2-3 years of experience specifically in healthcare construction.
- Must have prior experience working for a commercial general contractor.
- Successful candidates will have a proven record of accomplishment in all phases of project management including estimating, documentation, owner/architect relations, cost monitoring, problem solving and project wrap up.
- Motivated and capable of overseeing several projects simultaneously. Fun, dynamic, energetic, and positive personality.
- Conflict resolution skills a must.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Must have ability to relate and interact with very demanding clients.
- Strong estimating and budgeting skills. Must have ability to prepare and submit responses to requests for both GMP and lump-sum bids.
- Must have strong skills in drawing review.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering preferred, but strong work experience will be considered.
- ASHE certifications are preferred.
- Ensure profitable and timely completion of all construction projects.
- Manage all paperwork and coordination for assigned construction projects
- Lead weekly project meetings with client, architect, engineers and prepare minutes.
- Prepare and follow up on change orders.
- Prepare and follow up on client invoices. Approve subcontractor requests for payment.
- Attend site coordination meetings with assigned site superintendent.
- Monitor the project's trade-specific schedule and submittal log.
- Distribute sketches, shop drawings, submittals, schedules and punchlists to subcontractors and site superintendent.
- Develop and manage subcontractor and supplier relations.
- Process accounting documentation in conjunction with corporate office.
- Communicate and execute all procurement needs on a timely basis.
- Strong computer skills needed.