Overaa Construction is seeking an experienced Project Manager with a background in Healthcare. 5 - 10 years progressive experience in technical construction projects such as Healthcare, M. O. B. & Ground Up, OSHPD, Acute Care & Inpatient experience to join our team in our San Jose office. We have openings for candidates that seek to join an established, well-respected Bay Area company in a growing and dynamic regional office based in the South Bay. Overaa was ranked a Bay Area Best Places to Work three years in a row.
Overaa is a design/build contractor specializing in a variety of market sectors including commercial, education, municipal, healthcare, industrial, energy, and transportation. We are a self-performing general contractor known for our concrete expertise. We are looking for team members to be part of a unique family culture that emphasizes collaboration and innovation throughout all phases of project delivery.
As the leader of an individual Project Team, the Project Manager is responsible for the planning and management of projects including preconstruction activities, scheduling, estimating, cost control, documentation control, jobsite production, and customer relations. Project Manager may also be assigned responsibilities in estimating, RFP and proposal development, preconstruction services as well as other business development and company objectives.
Project Manager is responsible for delivering a successful project from preconstruction through final completion within the context of Overaa’s company culture and values.
Responsibilities and Authority
Reports to the Project Management Team Leader.
- Works as a team with Project Superintendent to plan and execute projects.
- The Project Superintendent reports to the Project Manager for project business including project strategy, contractual issues, scheduling and execution of the work. The Superintendent is responsible for scheduling of work, direction of field activities, safety, and supervision of field crews.
- Responsible for directing, supervising, coaching and mentoring of direct reports including Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Accountants, Team Coordinators and other team members.
- May be responsible for managing more than one project at a time.
- Acts as the principal company representative on assigned projects. Promotes positive stakeholder relationships at official functions, at jobsites, and in consultant and subcontractor meetings, etc.
- As a key member of a new regional office, the project manager is expected to develop and grow business relationships and provide preconstruction estimating and management as required.
Project Manager Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Team Leader, develops a job-specific buyout strategy. Executes buyout strategy through analysis of subcontractor bids to ensure coverage and compliance with project requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for developing project budgets, cost control and tracking of project costs, including developing accurate and actionable monthly project profit projections.
- Proactively Manages Claims and Change Orders. Takes appropriate actions to deal with project impacts, incorporates the results into updating project budgets and timelines, and notifies the owner in accordance with RFP requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for the masterscheduling process including upfront collaboration with all stakeholders (Superintendent, Subcontractors, etc.) and integrating manloading schedules, milestone schedules, and contractschedules.
- Leads communication with stakeholders on issues and makes recommendations for resolution or process improvement opportunities.
- Subcontractor Management including implementing subcontract agreements with knowledge of scope and agreed to terms.
- Manages contacts with subcontractors, vendors, and design partners in an effort to establish and build strategic relationships that may produce possible partnerships or business opportunities for the future of the company.
- Manages document control systems by ensuring required documentation is gathered, processed, and submitted throughout the preconstruction, construction, and close-out phases (e.g., change orders, RFIs, ASIs, submittals, drawing logs, warranties and certificates, LEED documentation, as-builts, etc.)
- Conducts daily (or as required) on-site observations of work during construction to monitor compliance with safety, quality control, sustainability measures as well as overall project status.
- Working collaboratively with the Project Accountant, oversees the cash flow of assigned project, including owner pay applications and payment status, subcontractor/consultant invoicing and payments.
- Coordinates with stakeholders in development of a strategic plan for BIM/VDC requirements, as applicable.
- Material Purchasing.
- Attend and participate in General Project Manager Meetings monthly, or as scheduled.
- Participate in bi-weekly Project Report Meetings, prepared to discuss key project indicators, challenges, opportunities and forward-looking project strategies.
- Leads in developing and supporting the implementation jobsite security, quality control, and safety programs for each project with the support of the Superintendent and the Safety and QC departments.
- Using lean strategies, evaluates construction means and methods for cost effectiveness.
- Under the guidance of the Project Management Team Leader, participate in the creation and maintenance of a positive team spirit among the members of the Project Management Team.
- Performs project duties with an appropriate sense of urgency and a "Can-Do attitude."
- Provide guidance to the projects of other teams as needed and as assigned.
Project Acquisition Responsibilities
- The Project Manager is expected to perform the following additional duties when assigned:
- Preconstruction Management
- Business development and strategic partnering with key client accounts
- Attends Corporate events, tradeshows and conferences
Experience and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Time Management
- Negotiation skills
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Works well under pressure
- High level of energy
- Undergraduatedegree in Construction Management
Computer Skills Preferred
- Strong skills in the following Software:
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Project
- Project Management Software - Viewpoint preferred
- Primavera Scheduling Software
- Revit or Navisworks