Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. Our global network of 9,000 professionals combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Our corporate roots extend back more than a hundred years, and our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors. We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy.
Mechanical and Electrical Project Manager(s) / Engineer(s)
In this role, you will be responsible for leading, managing, coordinating and administering multi-discipline projects from the conceptual stage through the Project Delivery Process. This includes planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up / commissioning (and ramp-up) and contract closeouts. The successful candidate will develop budgets and schedules, coordinate and supervise internal and external project resources, monitor and report quality and progress, and initiate / lead reviews and actions to assure objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget.
The successful candidate must also display and actively promote behavior aligned to Hatch’s goal of achieving Total Customer Satisfaction and Safety Culture.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Mechanical or ElectricalEngineering (Essential)
- At least 4+ years of Project Management experience in an industrial environment (Essential)
- Can demonstrate a proven background of resourcefulness and enjoys working in a hands-on heavy industrial plant environment (Essential)
- Aluminum Rolling knowledge and experienced (Preferred)
- A strong customer focus including maintaining regular contact with Client’s engineering, maintenance and operations staff
- Must have advanced safety awareness and knowledge
- Must have the ability to manage and forecast costs for small to large capital projects
- Must have the ability to define project scope / definition and prepare proposals for submission
- Must have the ability to prepare technical equipment, construction and installation specification
- Must have knowledge of engineering, procurement, construction and other project related activities, their interfaces, and interdependencies.
- Strong / Proven leadership skills and abilities
- Must have well developed written and oral communication skills
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.