The Project Manager within the PMO group will be responsible for leading the performance of tasks necessary to ensure the most efficient and effective execution of the contract, resulting in successful cost, schedule, and performance of the contract plan.
This position is remote based in the San Jose, CA area with a requirement to travel to customer sites as needed.
- Manage multiple projects from conception through completion; lead projects that involve the successful management of teams responsible for the analysis, design, integration, testing, documentation, and implementation of telecommunications systems.
- Perform day-to-day management of overall installation activity operations, possibly involving multiple projects and groups of personnel at multiple locations.
- Direct the management of moderate and large sized project budgets, including expenditures for consultants and vendors, ensuring that GTL meets all project cost and schedule objectives.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Benchmark program status.
- Regularly communicate program status to executive leadership.
- Ensure consistent delivery of the GTL Project Management deliverables, including, but not limited to: Project Plans, Supplementary Plans, Change Control and Status Reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of related work experience in lieu of degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with a project management focus.
- Project management certification and/or Agile certifications are preferred.
- Proven project management skills required with a focus on technical product implementations, Wi-Fi wireless installation projects and/or customer network and server infrastructure projects desired.
- Proficiency in Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suite of products; project management tools and collaboration systems such as Jira, SmartSheet, Confluence, Salesforce, etc. preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting competing deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working directly with customer stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Experience working in the Information Technology and/or Government Contracting industry.
- Ability to travel up to 75%
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates.
GTL is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.