- Proactively mentoring staff and providing career guidance and ongoing constructive performance feedback; as well as supporting their growth while following our core values.
- Develop and maintain client relationships with existing and new clients to understand their future needs and to ensure that their expectations are being met.
- Ability to manage multiple technical assignments simultaneously to lead teams to complete assignments to the client's satisfaction while following the contract requirements and maintaining schedule and budget.
- Technical excellence in planning studies, preliminary designs, final designs, program management, procurement/bid assistance, and design services during construction for water/wastewater systems (i.e., pump stations, treatment plants, stormwater systems, and climate/flood resiliency systems).
- Identify and lead business development pursuits, including positioning and preparation of proposals and building new relationships to meet the team’s growth goals, create opportunities for staff experience, and expand our reach in impacting communities in need.
- Manage/plan staff assignments and workload to maximize efficiency and staff engagement, mobilizes and encourages team, while helping staff achieve their career objectives. Establishes the specific (or concrete, day-to-day) plans, projects and objectives needed.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required. Master's degree is desirable, but not required.
Experience: Minimum 12+ years’ experience in water and wastewater design, planning, construction management and (client) business development; relevant experience with water/wastewater treatment, treatment plant experience, and climate/flood resiliency. Demonstration of experience in community engagement, climate action planning, working on a diverse team, and working with different communication styles is a bonus.
Certifications: A PE designation in New York State is required. PE certification in other northeast states is desirable.