We are looking for Project Manager with good Hyperion Exp. for our client in Grass Lake, MI
Job Title: Project Manager with good Hyperion Exp.
Job Location: Grass Lake, MI
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- This position is responsible for the execution of large, complex projects across regions or domains.
- Key responsibilities include managing project scope, budget, project board, resources, schedule, risk, and organizational change management activities.
- Develop and maintain project plans including work breakdown structures, project milestones, critical path analyses, risk assessment and management plans, cost/benefit analyses, staffing plans, project timelines, and project budgets.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize the progress of projects.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with team members, vendors, and other Tenneco departments involved in their projects.
- Escalate project issues to PMO or resource managers as appropriate.
- Prepare project status reports for upper management.
- Ensure project milestones are met on time and within team and project budgets.
- Utilize project management methodology to direct and lead team deliverable development.
- Drive decisions to ensure the success of projects taking into account timing, risk, functional requirements, and business benefits.
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Project Manager managing complex projects ranging from mid-size to large corporate IT initiatives.
- Proficiency in project management methodology, project planning tools and techniques; Waterfall methodology required.
- Proficiency in Project Planning – ability to work with a project team to create a detailed project plan and resource plan from rough order of magnitude documentation.
- Multiple life cycle implementations of Web-based solutions.
- Business intelligence reporting (Hyperion) project experience.
- Proficiency in MS Project / Excel / Word and PowerPoint are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface and influence at multiple organizational levels.
- Excellent relationship-building and networking skills.
- Organized and able to function successfully in a team environment.
- Excellent technical, organizational, troubleshooting, problem-solving, budgeting and time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of finance tools and general business operating principles.
Desired Experience and Traits:
- PMP certification.
- Goal oriented and driven to meet project deliverable and deadlines.
- Experience with vendor management and managing external teams.
- Ability to excel within a matrix organization and working virtually.
- Ability to champion change and challenge others.
- Conceptual thinker.
- Personal Drive.
- Global team leadership experience is a plus.
- Experience in the automotive and/or manufacturing industries is a plus.
- Experience in Planview and other Enterprise portfolio management software a plus.
- Experience in Visio are a plus.
- Experience learning and applying a new project methodology.
- Experience in Agile methodology a plus
- Education: A four (4) yearundergraduatedegree (IT or related field preferred) or equivalent experience
- Certificate / License: Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate
- Requires travel up to 10-20%