Job Code ID: 11872
GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness oforganizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
Job Summary: Support the planning and management of all efforts associated with managing one or more projects byinterfacing with senior management, project team members, and the client to meet customer and company expectations. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and manages a set scope of work within one or more projects through setting effective expectations, communication, change management control, budget control and management, issue escalation and resolution, and overall business understanding of the project needs
- Maintains routine communications (written and verbal) with senior management and the client concerning all aspects of theproject
- Effectively manages multiple projects simultaneously
- Actively supports and communicates detailed project plans and schedules
- Resolves resourcing constraints or conflicts
- Escalates visibility to issues; offers solutions and drives issues to resolution
- Maintains project data in resourcing, financial, and data management systems as required
- Establishes rapport with development team(s) and key stakeholders
- Aligns internal development schedules and processes to deliver on client’s vision
- Interfaces with project team members including internal staff in various offices and teams, third-party organizations, and theclient, often dispersed geographically
- Provides direction to assigned project team members and collaborates with peers to prioritize competing commitments among shared resources
- Establishes rapport and maintains collaborative relationships on projects with primary client contacts and key stakeholders
- Works in partnership with third-party vendors as needed to meet client needs
- Supports business development (discovery, estimates, presentation) efforts as required
- Collects feedback and data; implements continuous improvement
- Experience managing projects, including monitoring project scope and budget, creating project schedules, managing project resources, resolving issues, and reporting status.
- Exceptional written and communication skills
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Experience: 5 Years
- Familiarity/experience with instructional design, adult learning, and/or content development (e.g., ADDIE, Agile) for common modalities (e.g., WBT/OLT, ILT, VILT, etc.)
- Relationship development and management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under aggressive deadlines
- Ability to respond to constant change and remain flexible
- Conflict resolution, adaptability/flexibility, and dealing with ambiguity
- Detail orientation
- Strong work ethic
- Positive, enthusiastic, “can do” attitude
- Initiative and problem-solving ability
Required Travel: Less than 10%
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.