General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position reports to a senior Program Manager and is responsible for the planning, managing and cost performance of the Company’s GOCO (Government Owned Company Operated) efforts. Directs all phases of program execution from initiation through delivery. Applies established technologies that require advanced principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems. Typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate managers. Responsible for decisions that could have an extended impact on outcomes where erroneous decisions could result in critical delays and modifications to programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create project plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality, and specification goals are attained.
- Oversee and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Assign and monitor work of project management staff, providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Interpret and administer policies, processes and procedures that impact project(s).
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to employees working on assigned project. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- May be required to interpret and administer policies and procedures that impact project(s).
- May participate in, lead segments of or provide overall management for the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate new business.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least five of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects.
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine matters of diverse scope and nature.
- Possess strong analytical, communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and lead in a team environment. Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Candidate with production, development, and flight test/deployment program experience.
- Experience with managing a program from proposal submission to contract close out is a plus as well.
Job ID#: 19521BR