Req Id 61484
LyondellBasell is the third-largest independent chemical company in the world. The Company continues to grow and expand with its POTBA Plant and newly announced HDPE Plant (click here for article) and is looking for experienced talent to work on multi-million dollar capital projects as part of the Global Projects group. This group is responsible for developing and executing major capital projects on a global basis as a shared-service organization providing project expertise to all LyondellBasell manufacturing locations and businesses with an estimated annual spend of $1 billion.
During a time of uncertainty and challenges in adjacent industries, LyondellBasell continues to invest in major projects and add to its workforce. This is a rare career opportunity to make a deep and lasting footprint on the company’s landscape. As a member of our dynamic Global Project Management Team, you will manage projects valued over $100MM+ utilizing an FEL process for both Chemical & Petroleum Processing facilities within the company.
US offices are currently located at our new Houston Engineering Center just 14 short miles NE from Downtown Houston, TX. This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, annual bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension, employee discounts, and much, much more!
- Manage projects valued at over $100 million
- Employ the company's Project Management Process in execution of capital projects
- Lead definition of project objectives, scope development, and front end engineering in support of the project objectives
- Analyze and manage risk on projects
- Lead multi-discipline project management teams, including company and contract personnel, in resolution of technical and commercial issues
- Prepare and implement project execution plans
- Develop cost effective contracting strategies
- Accountable for project cost and schedule controls, project reporting
- Obtain funding for projects
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills to lead a diverse cross-functional team is essential
- Must display strong personal initiative, a sound planning and problem solving capacity, and effective interpersonal skills
- Routinely prepare and present project updates to senior management
- Direct company or contract project engineers in supporting roles on Major Projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively
- PE and/or PMP Certification a plus
- 15+ years prior experience working in the Chemical, Petrochemical or Refining industry on major capital projects valued well over $100MM is strongly preferred
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or closely related technical degree
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively handle multiple projects and/or changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing withinternal and external clients
- Experience anticipating internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; has recommended process, product or service improvements
- International project management experience a major plus