The Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Project Executive in the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of a construction-management project or program. For this position, the project manager will be acting in a CM-Agency role for Solano County, CA, primarily overseeing the renovations of county buildings.
• Compile charts and graphs for project reporting
• Maintain Earned Value Analysis (EVA) data for the project
• Assist in preparation of project-specific safety plan
• Proactively carry out the project safety plan and quality plan
• Maintain satisfactory relationships with owners, unions, subcontractors, etc.
• BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
• 3-5 years of Project Management experience on $5-15 million construction projects preferred
• 5-7 years of Project Engineering experience with at least one (1) major job as a Project Manager will be considered
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong technical and communication skills are critical
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with public sector officials
• Knowledge of Prolog, Microsoft Office (preferred)
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees' education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.