GEI is an employee-owned, leading consulting engineering and environmental firm ranked #88 in the ENR top 500 (2020). We partner with hundreds of government, energy, industry and institutional clients, and have completed 50,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries. We are sought out for our ideas, our creativity, and most of all, for the quality and character of our people.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Project management and technical lead for geotechnical engineering projects and tasks including design and remediation of dams, levees and hydropower facilities; geotechnical instrumentation; geotechnical investigations and design for major water infrastructure including conveyance (penstocks, pump stations, pipelines, canals and tunnels), bridge, and waterfront facilities.
- Prepare technical scopes of work for proposals and projects, project budgets, requests for proposals for contractors, and technical reports.
- Lead proposal teams and presentations.
- Lead and participate on multi-disciplinary, multi-geographic project teams.
- Maintain high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, participation in client-based professional organizations, and attendance and presentations at industry events.
- Manage projects and staff, including technical leadership and oversight, risk management, and mentoring.
- Assist in recruiting and training additional staff.
- This position has a field component; travel and some overnight travel are required.
- Minimum of B.S. degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering or related field. M.S. preferred.
- 15+ years of previous professional experience in geotechnical engineering; significant Project Management experience, including proposal preparation and budgeting; thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations; proven business development skills.
- Extensive geotechnical background including a strong fundamental knowledge of principles of geotechnical or geostructural engineering, soil and rock mechanics, earthquake engineering, and groundwater hydrology.
- Recognized for technical excellence and development of client-focused, creative, and practical solutions.
- Willingness and ability to travel on short-term assignments as needed.
- Willingness and ability to perform field tasks and oversight.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Professional Engineering license required.