Your profile and qualifications:
- Type of communication: Negotiates and defends all interests concerning the product portfolio he is responsible for with most critical internal stakeholders
- Predominantly communicates with others within the organization. Internal customers such as internal stakeholders from all relevant parties (T&I; Supply Chain Production (SCP); Service; Sales Support) and all hierarchical levels
- External communication with customers, dealer, suppliers, and opinion-makers
Position Description, including but not limited to:
- Holistic business case ownership for products and systems across all functions (end2end) and the entire life cycle
- Overall responsibility for product strategy across the entire value chain
- (cross functional)
- Competitor analysis/benchmarking (commercial & technical), collect competitor data, USPs, prepare sales argumentation and disseminate
- Define pricing strategy on product and market level
- Coordinate with T&I on budget allocation to development projects
- Create business cases for development projects
- Definition and development of new products, processes and system solutions in
- co-creation with T&I, SCP, Service, central process engineering, and customers.
- Responsibility for sales launch of new products
- Strategic market positioning of respective products
Candidate Profile Overview
The position holder should have at least two years’ experience in technology-related positions and or experience in leading project teams. The Product Manager must recognize and be prepared to fill all gaps that are realized. The ideal candidate would be able to:
- Maintain and grow the portfolio
- Create cohesive sales arguments
- Educate sales staff
- Establish a repertoire with dealers and end-users
- Help troubleshoot equipment issues
- Support customers
- Assist the training department in creating and delivering training
- Create and present memorable presentations
Based on the requirements mentioned above, candidates for the position of Product Manager have demonstrated abilities in the following areas:
Experience in a Product Management sub-function, as proven by:
- Broad technological/application experience on relevant Equipment product portfolio.
- Profound market knowledge within the agricultural business.
- Deep understanding of technologies used within Dairy Farming.
- Product management expertise.
- Project management knowledge.
Professional knowledge and leadership competencies, as demonstrated by:
- Stands ground and does not abuse power, even in difficult situations
- Treats people with respect, irrespective of their status, hierarchy level,
- heritage or personal background
- Expresses personal convictions, standards and values in her/his own conduct
- Acts credible, committed and fair and communicates the same messages to diverse target groups
- Acts independently to determine key objectives and to make a significant impact on the results of the division
- Enjoys her/his job and enjoys interacting with people
- Maintains effective performance, not only under normal circumstances, but also under subjectively perceived high work-load pressure
- Demonstrates the will to succeed and accepts defeats as a challenge for further development
- Is always open for new things and builds on proven success strategies which she/he optimizes
- Puts herself/himself in other people’s position and recognizes their needs and viewpoints
- Finds an efficient balance between the benefit of his own knowledge and the integration of new information
- Develops solution options, even in complex situations or when under pressure, and objectively selects among several options available
- Can simplify complex issues, to focus on the essentials and assess situations from the next higher perspective
- Links important decisions with the interests of GEA, the market, customers and the benefits for his/her own area of responsibility
- Values creativity and innovation and consistently develops her/his own potential
- Thinks strategically, and can think in many different scenarios
- Strategic/ technical/ analytical thinking
- Communication, negotiation and presentation
- Flexibility (e.g. travelling)
- BA/BS with a minimum 5-10 years’ experience in managing a field service and training team.
Other Skills and Competencies
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Integrity, credibility, and a strong commitment to the company’s mission. Takes an active interest in learning and contributing to the team
- Demonstrated and proven results in prior positions
- Experience in budgetary development and oversight experience. Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Experienced Computer Skills (MS Office, databases, MS Project a plus, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff, groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment
- Persuasive with details and facts