Project Manager - Furnace Engineer
Salary: Yes DOE
Full Benefits: Yes
Relocation Offered: Yes
Our client is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Furnace Engineer Project Manager. For the right skill and ability there is flexibility in the location with a slight preference to work out of our Denver location. This key role will work within a cross-functional, global engineering team to achieve corporate, divisional, and departmental objectives in a collaborative environment across a broad range of industrial manufacturing facilities. The Senior Project Manager will manage rebuild and repair projects in which a glass-making furnace is the focal point of the project. Ideal candidate will have a combination of strong project management skills and experiences as well as working knowledge of glass furnaces. Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
Design of safe processes and specification of equipment, ensures that ergonomics is considered in all areas of design, and that potential safety and health hazards are identified and eliminated during project execution. Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are followed, driving a zero-incident project environmentDesign of environmentally compliant processes and specification of environmentally compliant equipment, ensures that all permit requirements are considered and addressed in the design, and that potential environmental issues are identified and addressed during project execution
- Develop scopes, specifications, schedules, and investment grade cost estimates for multi-discipline industrial manufacturing capital projects worldwide up to $10M
- Develop, guide, review, and present project feasibility studies and business cases that accurately identify project benefits, risks, and returns
- Utilize glassmaking furnace experience to guide projects to cost effective, best practice, designs to ensure successful project with respect to quality, technology, cost, and schedule.
- Utilize working knowledge of refractory properties/applications to ensure optimal refractories are used in projects to meet life expectancy and financial goals
- Utilize working knowledge of glassmaking operations to assist with ongoing furnace life expectancy issues and hot repair requirements.
- Develop technical specifications and contracts for equipment and services for all aspects of projects and ensure compliance.
- Coordinate, review, provide oversight and manage external engineering resources and consultants and contractors as needed to meet project objectives
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably mechanical, electrical, chemical or materials engineering
- Minimum of 6 years engineering experience in an industrial or manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated success managing projects up to $10M
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledgeable of the supply chain process, bidding, evaluating, contractor selection, and risk mitigation through smart contracting
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in different phases
- Heavy travelrequired (50-75% travel)
- Highly preferred is experience with glassmaking furnaces and/or forehearths.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with large manufacturing furnaces and/or glassmaking operations.
- Working knowledge of refractory properties/applications and uses for both cold rebuilds and hot repair applications strongly preferred.
- PMP Certification
- Experience in fiberglass or glass manufacturing industries