Project Manager (PM) - Full Performance (FP) coordinates and oversees the completion of activities in all phases of the project cycle of facilities-related construction projects. Manages the project design or construction effort, manage and evaluate contractor performance, integrate and coordinate the project with field personnel, and evaluate, determine disposition, and manage project change requests. Prepares and distributes project communication with clients, management, integrated project teams, and stakeholders. Assists the Contracting Officer and Contract Officers Technical Representative (COTR) with acquisition planning, execution, administration, and collection requirements, prepare Statements of Work (SOW), conduct market research, and develop other documentation, as appropriate. Conducts technical reviews and evaluate project solicitations, proposals, quotes, and proposed change requests, review and approve shop drawings and submittals, conduct pre-bid and pre-construction site visits, and assist with the preparation of Contractor Performance Report (CPR) upon contract closeout.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: 100%.
- Manage project design and/or construction efforts, to include schedule, funding, and day-to-day project oversight
- Manage and evaluate construction contractor performance
- Integrate and coordinate projects with field personnel
- Evaluate, validate, and manage project change requests
- Provide official weekly project status reports Prepare and distribute project communication with customers, management, integrated project teams, and stakeholders
- Assist the client's Contracting Officer (CO) and Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR) with acquisition planning, execution and administration
- Assist the CO and COTR with conducting pre-bid and pre-construction site visits with the COTR
- Provide invoice supporting information to the COTR for payment
- Prepare and monitor project schedules and budgets; provide technical guidance and assistance on contracting and construction-related issues; direct design efforts; recommend construction documents for approval; and provide oversight of any follow-on maintenance programs
- Optimize performance, cost, and schedule by ensuring project objectives are achieved on schedule and at the lowest cost compatible with user requirements
- Conduct design reviews with the customer
- Ensure timely input of all data, comments, and documentation into MAXIMO software project management tool. This requirement applies to all projects, work orders, and tasks across the project lifecycle. Ensure integration of all systems, including information technology, telephone, security, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Laptop and desk computer. Individual Protective Equipment (i.e., Hardhat,Steel Toed Boots, Safety Glasses, Work Gloves, Hearing Protection, etc. Hearing Protection, etc.
Civilian or military equivalent Organizational Clothing and Individual Equipment
Be licensed and able to drive a manual transmission non-tactical vehicle (pickup truck/9 passenger van).
U.S. Government leased, owned, and rented vehicles.
Valid, current U.S. Passport
Valid, current U.S. Drivers License
- May travel to and through out various CONUS and OCONUS locations, often to remote, austere, remote permissive, non-permissive environments.
- Work in an operationally-sensitive environment
- Perform tasks outside during any weather condition for long periods of time.
- Operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine and printer.
- Function in an office environment in a stationary position approximately 50 percent of the time or more.
- Work well in team environments including demonstrate the ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Function not only in an office environment in a stationary position approximately 50 percent of the time or more, but may work in austere, remote or non-remote permissive and non-permissive environments.
- May be required to successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation.
- May be required to undergo successful occupational testing to include an aptitude test, writing test, personality inventory, and interview.
Able to lift twenty-five percent (25%) of his/her body weight over his/her head
Bachelors degree in any field; high school, vocational school, or trade school diploma and five (5) years work experience in a similar field may be substituted for degree requirement
- Five (5) years of experience in project management
- Three (3) years of experience with MS Project or other PM software such as MAXIMO
- Experience in commercial or government facilities-related construction projects
- Experience with managing projects
Knowledge of sound program management techniques
Operate MS Project or other PM software such as MAXIMO
- Read and understand AutCAD drawings and blue prints
- Communicate well verbally and in writing at all organizational levels
- Work independently and as a team player
- Work nights and weekends for operational necessities, as required
- Continue developing professional licenses, certifications, and expertise through formal training and on-the-job experience
- Handle multiple, demanding, and complex projects in a timely manner with accurate results
- Lead, manage, and supervise a multi-functional team of allied trades and skilled crafts personnel
- Advise and assist Client with planning, programming, budgeting, and executing facility management, construction, and renovation projects.
- Serve as team lead on single or multiple projects simultaneously or concurrently
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.