- Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
- Experience level:
- Driving sales and profitability through effective project execution.
- Generates new business through new clients and expands projects with current clients.
- Builds trust and confidence with contractors and the project team.
- Validates expectations with customers before, during and after project completion.
- Exceed customer's expectations on a regular basis.
- Represents the company in all customer project meetings.
- Ensures projects are built on schedule and within budget by monitoring jobsite activities in conjunction with the on-site foreman and area superintendent.
- Develops less experienced staff, motivates and mentors them with their project assignments.
- Successfully manages multiple projects through all phases of development, design and execution.
- Proactively completes projects on time, within budget, accurately and within other scope parameters.
- Reviews and oversees complete plans and project documentation including, but not limited to correspondence, space plans, pricing plans and construction drawings.
- Prepares service contracts and proposals.
- Consistently meets the overall project design schedule, fee, and constructionbudget.
- Assists management with other operational responsibilities.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Competencies
The successful candidate will posses the following skills, qualifications and competencies:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Positive, out-going, energetic team player that enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven ability to function in all phases of the project development from estimating and design through project closeout.
- Understanding of billable construction accounting systems.
- Understanding of all current code requirements.
- Passion for providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong working knowledge of California Building Codes and agency requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of project scheduling, bids, take offs, change orders and contracts.
- Knowledge/proficiency in EBM, Accubid and Microsoft Office programs.
- BSEE or Construction Management strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ownership in all assignments.
- Ability to collaborate closely with other team members on a wide variety of projects.
- Prepares timely and accurate paperwork and regularly submits for billing.
- Reviews invoices on a timely basis and assist in collection efforts, if necessary.
- Participates in marketing activities and business development efforts.
- Knowledgeable about changes in code, trends, new products and building materials.
Education, Experience and Benefits
The successful candidate will have completed an accredited Bachelor's degree in business management or a related field. She/he has had a minimum of 7 to 10 years of project development experience with one or more engineering, electricalcontracting or with a related industry firm. The final candidate will also be versatile in all areas of project design, be able to multi-task and have worked in a highly collaborative environment. Candidates must have strong leadership and work ethics and must be able to thrive in a strong, dynamic team environment. The company offers an excellent compensation package, a lucrative project incentive program, full medical and dental coverage and 401K, profit sharing.