- Directly responsible to the client and the firm for the successful execution and leadership of projects including the meeting of project goals, client service, quality of work performed, utilization of staff, marketing reputation of the firm, and profitability. Participate in client presentations and project meetings.
- Overall responsibility for leading, motivating and providing a team environment for the project members by inspiring a shared vision, enabling others to act, challenging the process, taking risks and assuming ultimate responsibility for the team's actions, exercising good judgment and continually increasing people skills.
- Responsible for articulating and communicating the client's vision, goals and objectives through development of the project work plan during the planning phase.
- Responsible for developing the project fees and contracts during the planning phase and establishing the project schedule, budget and profitability during the start-up phase.
- Deliver projects on schedule, within budget, meeting design intent and client vision/goals, and at the required level of quality.
- Responsible for continuous management and development of key, repeat clients. Maintain good working relationships with the client to promote future opportunities.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of fifteen years architectural experience with five or more years of recent project management experience with large scale (200,000 sq ft plus) science and technology, higher education, and/or corporate facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related field required.
- California professional registration and LEED accreditation preferred.
- New type 1 construction (ground-up) required. Design/build or P3 experience and high-rise construction preferred.
- Experience with City agencies in the Bay Area preferred.
- Excellent client management and leadership skills required.
- Superior technical and presentation skills and a commitment to design excellence essential.