The Project Manager oversees one or more projects on an ongoing and regular basis. Individually, or as part of a team, is responsible for project planning and reporting, risk management, and issue resolution of medium to large scale complex projects or phases of a larger project. Projects will be supporting the Finance organization.
Responsibilities to include:
• Developing project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, resource scheduling and assignments, and identification of risks (financial and operational), contingency plans and travel schedules as applicable.
• Providing regular status updates to all stakeholders and project team.
• Consulting with management to align on goals, time frames, funding limitations, project approach, staffing requirements and allotment of resources.
• Working closely with the end users, business technologies and others to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs related to the project.
• Facilitating status and milestone meetings with relevant parties, and leading project team/deep dive meetings.
• Coordinating with other projects and work groups as needed.
• Troubleshooting a wide variety of problems or barriers to success and identifies solutions within broad application and functional expertise.
• Develop effective integration plans for assigned acquisition projects.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Project Management highly desired.
• Combination of 5+ years of directly related experience in both managing projects and accounting/finance.
• Experience managing system implementation projects required.
• Understanding of current technologies and methodologies to plan and communicate effectively with project team, sponsors and stakeholders.
• Experience planning and conducting analysis of a business processes and/or business problems
• Experience managing multiple projects or projects with complex inter-dependencies.
• Proven ability to follow established project management practices including management of requirements, scope and risks.
• Strong verbal communication skills to explain business needs to technical personnel and technical information to users as well as communicate project status and/or issues to stakeholders and project team.
• Written communication skills sufficient to create project plans, other project documentation and status reports for a wide variety of audiences, including executives.
• Travel may be required: up to 10%