Factset Digital Solutions is the leading global provider of digital investment solutions for retail banking, private banking, wealth management, online brokerage, advisory and media. FDSG’s high-performance platform combines customer insights with specific market data to generate personalized and relevant content for investors. By enabling financial institutions to deliver a new customer experience, FDSG is powering the digital transformation in banking. We work with more than 600 clients around the globe to support millions of advisors, bankers, brokers and service representatives.
FDS is seeking a full-time, project manager with verified & successful formal PM experience and training. A background in managing complex, strategic & tactical projects that span cross-organizational boundaries. The candidate must be dedicated, self-sufficient and demonstrate a history of accountability and delivery of complex web-based solutions for external clients in a fast-paced environment while building strong relationships with clients and colleagues. Major responsibilities include: managing multiple projects, preparing detailed business requirement documents, ensuring on-time deliverables, streamlining internal processes, and managing day-to-day client expectations.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience managing full lifecycle of technology based projects using a formal project management methodology (PMP or ScrumMaster Certification a plus) and current software project reporting tools (MS Project+)
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence a plus
- Experience with website architecture and development
- High-level understanding of current web technologies (including .NET, .HTML, CSS, JAVA etc.)
- Assess project scope and execution, assigning and aligning internal and external creative & technical resources required.
- Clarify, understand and document project requirements, considering all dependencies and implications.
- Develop and maintain project timelines, including daily activity monitoring and ensuring blockers are identified, mitigated and deadlines are met.
- Ability to prioritize activities against internal and external dependencies for overall project as well as delivery teams
- Work closely with engineers, designers and analysts to design and develop competitive solutions
- Help guide project vision through to completion by owning requirements, communicating and explaining details to designers and developers through specifications documents and interface mock-ups.
- Manage quality assurance processes including user acceptance testing
- Coordinate with the QA department in the creation of test cases and plans
- Assist with testing pre-released software
- Coordinate client demonstrations of completed code. Answering questions, clarifying requirements, managing defect resolution and close attention to scope creep
- Manage expectations internally and externally by communicating project plans, features and status
- Knowledge of/strong interest in financial technology & trends
- Outstanding project management/organizational skills – ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter capable of tackling complex/loosely defined problems and structuring a well-organized and actionable solution
- Results focused with a strong sense of initiative and attention to detail
- Team player who promotes positive/constructive communication within cross functional teams to motivate and inspire